Call for Participation: Creators Fund Season 2
DW Akademie invites independent journalists and media outlets to apply to the second season dedicated to podcast production. The goal of the Creators Fund is to push for a bigger variety of media content that is interesting and useful to regional audiences. The media products must target audiences in at least one of these 10 regions: Donetsk, Luhansk, Dnipro, Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, Kherson, Mykolaiv, Odesa, Sumy & Chernihiv.
DW Akademie will provide a mentoring programme in combination with training sessions.
What we offer?
- 10-day online training and mentoring in podcasting led by experienced Ukrainian podcasters taking place in November and December 2022. It focuses on exploring podcasting fundamentals, user-centred format development, content production, podcast production process, distribution and discovery
- production grant of 2000 EUR
- DW Akademie Certificate of Participation.
If you are
- a media professional working individually or as a team with at least 3-year journalistic experience with a proven track record of content creation incl. audio, interviewing, hosting and editing experience
- preferably working for media outlets or producing content focusing on the target regions
- having an untold story or underreported topic on crisis which you would like to cover via podcasting
- and looking for developing your podcasting skills.
Please apply by 6 October 2022 via the application form for the Creators Fund Season 2 here.
- you commit to participate in planned online trainings and online mentorship sessions (around 40 hours) as it is a mandatory part of the funding
- you ensure to produce and to publish your completed podcast
- you to have access to basic audio production equipment (recorders, microphones) and computer or laptops to participate in online workshop and coaching sessions
- your podcast entails at least 5 episodes that have to be published by 31 December 2022 and the according links to your completed podcast episodes are provided
- your final publication is either in Ukrainian or has also a Ukrainian version
- your final product is in full adherence to independent journalism standards
- you agree that the final media products as well as the documentation of production stages will be used for visibility measures in line with EU visibility requirements of the MediaFit Creators Fund
- you are ready for interviews or other forms of accompanying media coverage of the Creators Fund. The selected media creators will sign a contract with DW Akademie in accordance with the rules of MediaFit EU-funded project. Please be aware that the funding will not be awarded if the same project already received funding elsewhere.
All ownership and rights to the ideas submitted will remain with the original rights holders. All publications produced within the Creators Fund must carry the reference to the MediaFit project.
DW Akademie might change the timeline of the procedure and extend the deadline if no satisfactory applications have been received.
If you have any questions, please check out our FAQs or contact us via
email@example.com with the email subject “Question on Creators Fund Season 2”.